Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have that clip/hook on their impact driver. I bought a hook from amazon and matched up the model numbers. I received it but I can't see where it attaches. Doesn't really look like it was meant to have a hook. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Does anybody have that clip/hook on their impact driver. I bought a hook from amazon and matched up the model numbers. I received it but I can't see where it attaches. Doesn't really look like it was meant to have a hook. Am I missing something?
The 18 volt impacts never had a hook as far as I know only the 20 volt max tools do.

·
kalexv12
118 Posts
My 18V Dewalt impact didn't come with a hook but it is made to take one. So I ordered one online and it works great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The screw will make the threads in the plastic.
No the screw fallscompletely in the only possible hole. I looked at one of the 20v ones and they look like they have metal threads inside the plastic. Plus I would think that if you just thread it into plastic it would just eventually strip with wear and tear.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I've used the ball type hook that wraps around the handle with an elastic band. It's designed to hook on most hammer loops. Worked great

·
Registered
867 Posts
No the screw fallscompletely in the only possible hole. I looked at one of the 20v ones and they look like they have metal threads inside the plastic. Plus I would think that if you just thread it into plastic it would just eventually strip with wear and tear.
Then get a bigger screw, the screws holding the entire drill together are screwed into plastic.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I've used the ball type hook that wraps around the handle with an elastic band. It's designed to hook on most hammer loops. Worked great
Ive had those break at the worst ttimes.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That is fact aside from the useless 3 speed they put on.
Actually I really like the speed settings. 3 or 2 will f up a 6/32 and other small screws quick if its not started straight, 3 is to fast for starting bigger screws, but when you need full power I haven't had a problem with it being too weak as of yet. 2 is just right for most things, if not I get it started on 2 and switch to 3 to drive it home

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Actually I really like the speed settings. 3 or 2 will f up a 6/32 and other small screws quick if its not started straight, 3 is to fast for starting bigger screws, but when you need full power I haven't had a problem with it being too weak as of yet. 2 is just right for most things, if not I get it started on 2 and switch to 3 to drive it home
I keep it on 3 and feather the trigger with my finger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts