Electrician Talk banner

Dewalt 20v angle grinder?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  oliquir 
#1 ·
Does anybody have first hand opinions of this tool? I am adding to my Dewalt tools. I have the opportunity to buy a new angle grinder, 2 3ah batteries and a charger at a good price. I didn't want to pull the trigger if it's not worth it. Thanks.

#7 ·
I have a corded one on the truck at all times. Just trying to cut the cord as much as possible. I use it to cut boxes in masonry, grind off paint for bonding purposes, cut rebar, remove "drive pin" anchors, modify metal boxes/ brackets. I would probably use it more if it were cordless.

#15 ·
I love every tool in the Dewalt XR20 series; except the grinder.

I mean, it's OK for a battery grinder - lacks guts, lacks staying power (annihilator of batteries.) The disk clamp I find doesn't work unless it's on backwards (there is a label on it that says this way towards disk or something to that effect, I find it works much better mounted back to front. The safety guard is a little painful to remove and put back on too, if needed.

If you've got a few odd jobs to do it's fine, don't expect to do any serious work with it though. As you'll still want a corded grinder for that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.