Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was a subcontractor on this project in Atlant and saw another electricain using a dewalt cordless nailer for CONCRETE for clips and straps. Holy smokes that was sweet. Has anyone else seen this tool. Where can I get one? Much faster than drilling.

Thanks

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
We have the ramsett pulse master and its too sensitive to kind of concrete, ends up blowing fist sized pieces out of the concrete or the nail not going in. Give me a cordless SDS and I'm happy.

Sent from my Vodafone 845 using Electrician Talk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've tried 2 different manufacturers guns, one was Hilti and one I think was Ramset. Cordless "air" type guns designed for shooting nails into concrete. Unless it is brand new concrete it was basically worthless. With new concrete sometimes every other strap would hold then I could go back with the hammer drill. I just bought the makita hd 18v to try next

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
We have the ramsett pulse master and its too sensitive to kind of concrete, ends up blowing fist sized pieces out of the concrete or the nail not going in. Give me a cordless SDS and I'm happy.

I just picked up a cordless sds, I've been in an all concrete building for months with months to go. I wouldn't have guessed how great it is. My entire crew is in love with it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
chewy said:

I second that, those ramset guns are a waste of time and material unless it agrees with the concrete at hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts