Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the better 18V flashlight, Dewalt or Milwaukee?

I've started to slowly switch to Milwaukee cordless stuff, well so far only the 18V hammer drill, but still have a lot of Dewalt stuff including batteries and chargers.
But I need a new flashlight and was wondering which you guys like.

·
Electricity is Amazing!
914 Posts
It's gotta be LED. Milwaukee just came out with a couple good looking ones.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I had the M12 halogen and it sucks. I bought the M12 LED on sale and it is great. Nuff said :thumbsup:

Point is stick with LED

EDIT: I meant to say "I bought the M12 LED on sale and it is great

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
I had the M12 halogen and it sucks. I bought the M12 on sale and it is great. Nuff said :thumbsup:

Point is stick with LED
Interesting.

LED is the way to go though for sure! I hated how quick the halogens ate through a charge.

·
Chairman of the Bored
9,774 Posts
Is there a Milwaukee 18 volt LED
light? Looked for them forever and can't find them.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Yeah the m12 halogen sucks balls.. kills the battery in no time whatsoever.

Haven't picked up the LED version yet. I saw you can buy just the LED to replace the bulb for cheaper than a whole light.. think I'll do that.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Which is the better 18V flashlight,
I have this one (18 volt LED)...

It is to kill for. Had a burnout on my first so tested the second one. 12 hours she stays lit on the big M18 battery. Doesn't get much better in my book. Bright as heck too.

Edit: Paid $79 Canadian for it at Home Depot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have three of the Dewalt 20v LED work lights,absolutely the best I have ever owned.I paid $39 for the LEDs, the batteries vary online $45-$90, three or four AH. Dewalt's whole 20v tool group makes life very simple,minimal batteries(they all fit each tool) 4AH for saws and 3AH for every thing else. I'm still waiting for a 20v bandsaw!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Oh, I was thinking you were talking about the one below...I guess you can get it from HD for about $79. The supplier and a different store wanted $99.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Bigger price difference in Canaduh.

I'm guessing you'll find the reflector won't work as good with the LED as the one that comes with the LED light unless it comes as a package.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts