Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the dewalt cordless hammer drill the other day , struggled to make(5) 1/2" holes for drop-ins. Put dewalt back in box and grabbed the Hilti cordless (which I didn't know we had at this site), drilled more holes without a problem, huge difference in quality.

·
Banned
549 Posts
That's not really true, you're just brand whoring.

As someone who owns multiple Hilti rotary hammers, I have to admit that there is nothing special and their blow force specs are usually under the competition, while the price is significantly higher.

I won't be buying anymore Hilti rotary hammers.

·
Banned
549 Posts
leaving dewalt out of it, I prefer bosch over hilti. Its just a better drill.
I bought a Hilti TE-60 that costs $900 new.

I could have purchased the comparable Bosch for $500 new AND it has about 30% more blow energy, which makes a big difference.

To top it off, the reviews on the Bosch are better than the reviews for the Hilti.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not really true, you're just brand whoring.

As someone who owns multiple Hilti rotary hammers, I have to admit that there is nothing special and their blow force specs are usually under the competition, while the price is significantly higher.

I won't be buying anymore Hilti rotary hammers.
I'm not brand whoring, I have nothing to gain, Hilti gives me nothing. I do like Hilti, believe it will outperform and outlast any drill on the market. Yes , its pricey, not for the diy'er, but industry wise- that what quality tools cost.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
My 18volt ryobi sds will do 5, p1/2" holes no problem. It only cost $89. And has been going strong for 2+ years with a 6 month stint of everyday use. Now if I had to drill 1/2" all day if get my corded Bosch bulldog.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a Hilti TE-60 that costs $900 new.

I could have purchased the comparable Bosch for $500 new AND it has about 30% more blow energy, which makes a big difference.

To top it off, the reviews on the Bosch are better than the reviews for the Hilti.
...and yet you bought the Hilti :whistling2::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,516 Posts
My 18volt ryobi sds will do 5, p1/2" holes no problem. It only cost $89. And has been going strong for 2+ years with a 6 month stint of everyday use. Now if I had to drill 1/2" all day if get my corded Bosch bulldog.
the bosch bulldog does not mess around. I love mine

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I once chipped out a 10' wide trench of 5000psi concrete that was a 1/4 mile long and 10" thick with nothing but my Boschbulldog and a 12 pack of code red Mountain Dew. Yeah, that's the ticket.
It's a little-known fact that the Chunnel was actually bored with a Bosch Bulldog. That fancy boring rig was just a platform for a French guy to stand on.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
My Kango demolition hammer finally died. They don't sell any Kango replacement parts anymore, that company closed.

Damn they were fine concrete breakers.. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.