Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you rick. I hope this video helps you and others like you to avoid being ripped off by overpriced electricians. As you can see by the comments, many electricians are pissed off that my video shows people what is involved in upgrading and improving their electrical box. Its not rocket science and now people may think twice before paying
I counted 36 NEC violations along with OSHA, Zoning, POCO rules, Landlord rules (Im sure the property is rental), and about a dozen others :eek: :eek:

Courtesy of Mike Holts forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DVo0_IBrza0

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I couldn't watch anymore after the dumbass pulled the meter...

That panel was not the only thing out of the closet...:laughing:

I'd amend the first line of the comment Meadow posted to read:

Thank you rick. I hope this video helps you and others like you to kill yourself doing the stupid things I showed in this video, and that this video becomes a key piece of evidence in all the lawsuits I will be facing from my stupid advice.
BTW the disclaimers on his video will most likely not protect him if someone does get hurt and sues.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was a difficult video to watch. ;) About 30 minutes of .... I don't even know how to describe it.

Unfortunately, that likely happens all too often. ��

Borgi
Trust me when I say its an epidemic in some areas. Don't ask how I know:censored:

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't watch anymore after the dumbass pulled the meter...

That panel was not the only thing out of the closet...:laughing:

I'd amend the first line of the comment Meadow posted to read:

BTW the disclaimers on his video will most likely not protect him if someone does get hurt and sues.

Dude, that's the least of it :laughing:

The sad thing is we get blamed for the fallout on these deal years later.....

~CS~
WE do, and it adds more statistics to electrical fires to push code mandated products. In the eyes of big corporations this man is a hero. Buying products and then setting fires that further involve money. :no:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
LOL I just posted this comment in the reply to "Rick" on the video page:

What Paul really meant to say: Thank you rick. I hope this video helps you and others like you to kill yourself doing the stupid things I showed in this video, and that this video becomes a key piece of evidence in all the lawsuits I will be facing from my stupid advice. ;)
And this:

dirtfisher11

wow! this is NOT educational OR entertaining. down right scary. make sure you don't miss an insurance premium.

mxslick50

Even if the insurance premium is paid, the investigation will uncover all of the serious code violations that "Paul" did here, so the insurance company will have every reason to NOT pay the claim.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
I counted 36 NEC violations along with OSHA, Zoning, POCO rules, Landlord rules (Im sure the property is rental), and about a dozen others :eek: :eek:

Courtesy of Mike Holts forum:
http://youtu.be/DVo0_IBrza0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DVo0_IBrza0

HARRY304E

13:37

+Paul Ozburn
Overpriced electricians AH Paul, how's that welfare check you're collecting each month....

Your video will be used against you in a court of law if there is a fire or someone gets electrocuted because you have no training in doing electrical work, standing on wood will get you belted just as fast because the wood will not insulate you from the ground.

You should work a four year apprenticeship and take the Journeyman electricians license then take the master electricians exam so that you can legally run a electrical contracting firm, I'll bet after you do all of that you will not think we are overpriced ripoff artists.

You do not see the danger in what you're doing because you do not have the proper training in the electrical field.

·

:laughing::laughing:

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
What does this doosh do for a living? Thanks a lot home depot.

i hope this guy doesn't have a family.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL I just posted this comment in the reply to "Rick" on the video page:

And this:

dirtfisher11

wow! this is NOT educational OR entertaining. down right scary. make sure you don't miss an insurance premium.

mxslick50

Even if the insurance premium is paid, the investigation will uncover all of the serious code violations that "Paul" did here, so the insurance company will have every reason to NOT pay the claim.

Im willing to be he will just dismiss you as a troll or another on of those electricians working for the illuminati :laughing:

People like him screw up not so much because they are dumb, but have taught themselves not to retain any new knowledge.

:laughing::laughing:

In the very least he should have asked on DIY chatroom. IF your going to do it yourself make an effort to learn your limitations before you try it. Its better than not.

I will give the guy credit though, he is right electricity goes back to the transformer and not ground like every other misinformed guy.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
What does this doosh do for a living? Thanks a lot home depot.

i hope this guy doesn't have a family.
welfare check.

The fire department will get the call at 0300 some cold winter night and those poor people will be found burned alive because he miss-wired the smoke detectors if he even has any.,,

·
Conservitum Americum
8,754 Posts
The best thing about the video was the pre commercial for an electrcian 1 888 MR SPARKY !

A guy in a wifebeater really has credibility too.

At 3:40 while pulling the meter he says, "Don't do this at home."

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
did he run the SE cable through the attic? Did I see that right

1 - 20 of 97 Posts