Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
He removed the glass cover from the meter?:eek:

And you can see where someone has hit the line side of that socket with the cover before.
I saw that too, why would you remove the glass cover

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
he hacked that together yet used copper conductors for the service

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't stand on the ground! Stand on plywood. Really? Now some poor sole will try this themselves thinking its completely safe from being shocked or electrocuted.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
I especially like, " I hope this video helps you and others like you to avoid being ripped off by overpriced electricians.".

STFU dude.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Things you screwed up…

The meter pan cover comes off before the meter can be pulled (with this particular meter enclosure).
Depending on the utility company you may or may not be allowed to tie your grounding conductor to the meter enclosure.
Only a fool works with non-insulated tools when working with electricity.
Those “holes” in the top of the panel box are called knockouts.
Grounds and neutrals are NOT the same.
You’re right about mixing copper and aluminum.
Two “neutral” wires under the same terminal is an NEC violation and dangerous because the neutral is a carnet carrying conductor.
No connectors at the new “splice box” is also an NEC violation and dangerous.
I’m an electrical contractor and I’m licensed, insured, and bonded. Generac certified too!
The main bonding jumper’s installed in the main breaker panel but you’ve also bonded in the so-called “splice box” too and therefore you’ve created a parallel path for current to flow on parts that shouldn’t be energized.
Face away from the panel when turning on the breakers in case you’ve made a mistake.
Thanks for keeping guys like me in business!

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
He deleted his quote which deleted my post so I just re-posted my comments...:laughing:

Overpriced electricians AH Paul, how's that welfare check you're collecting each month....

Your video will be used against you in a court of law if there is a fire or someone gets electrocuted because you have no training in doing electrical work, standing on wood will get you belted just as fast because the wood will not insulate you from the ground.

You should work a four year apprenticeship and take the Journeyman electricians license then take the master electricians exam so that you can legally run a electrical contracting firm, I'll bet after you do all of that you will not think we are overpriced ripoff artists.

You do not see the danger in what you're doing because you do not have the proper training in the electrical field. 

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I like the 2/0 copper 100 amp wire ding dong said he used. What a tool.
Thanks for posting this video I needed a good laugh!

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
He's replying to the comments right now:laughing::boxing::boxing::boxing::laughing:
Paul wrote:
In the video I said that electricity flows through the neutral wire, unless theres a problem then it will flow through the ground wire instead. The ground wire is a secondary backup in case there is a failure in the neutral wire.
Well hell, why don't you just nut the whites and greens together at each device then?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got to the 3:55 point and wanted to punch him in the face, what a jackwagon....but I digress

·
Registered
914 Posts
Done

Edward Current 1 second ago

Reckless and irresponsible. Just out of curiosity, was a permit pulled and was there an inspection? Are you prepared to be held financially and criminally responsible should any of the myriad of errors in this installation cause a fire or electrocution? I truly hope it is just you living there. It would be unfortunate for an innocent person to suffer for your incompetence.

Note to viewers: DO NOT TAKE DIY ELECTRICAL ADVICE FROM A RANDOM DIRTBAG IN A TANK TOP AND JEANS SHORTS!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
This gets better..he's spent the last two hours or so posting childish comments on my YouTube channel....:laughing::laughing:

And the little crybaby deleted all of my posts too...:whistling2:

21 - 40 of 97 Posts