Electrician Talk banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This gets better..he's spent the last two hours or so posting childish comments on my YouTube channel....:laughing::laughing:

And the little crybaby deleted all of my posts too...:whistling2:
Report his video. I will too. What a jerk wagon.

See, if people could just sit down and consider what they are being told the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Report his video. I will too. What a jerk wagon.

See, if people could just sit down and consider what they are being told the world would be a better place.
I just did:

This entire video is loaded with very dangerous Electrical Code violations, violations of utility company policy (illegal removal of power meter) and local building safety codes. Further, this member has been posting harrassing comments to the videos on my channel (those were reported and he has been blocked from my channel.) Youtube needs to crack down on dangerous videos like this one before someone gets hurt or killed. Please take this video down and consider banning this user.
Karma's a bitch, this guy's gonna get blasted in more ways than one if he keeps it up.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ignore the time stamp. This video is dangerous and misleading to DIYs. It is full of dangerous code violations, along with dangerous, illegal acts such as pulling a live power company meter without approval from proper authorities. Anyone attempting this work is creating a fire hazard as content shown is not to code in addition to opening people to serious injury as the practices portrayed are incorrect. This video is a major liability in itself.

I doubt the tech on the other side of the computer will see it this way. After all their electrical knowledge automatically reflects everyone else in existence :rolleyes:

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Keep the comments going....:laughing:
I posted the wrong comment. Hold on, here it is:

Thank you rick. I hope this video helps you and others like you to avoid being ripped off by overpriced electricians. As you can see by the comments, many electricians are pissed off that my video shows people what is involved in upgrading and improving their electrical box. Its not rocket science and now people may think twice before paying someone thousands of dollars for a few hours of labor. Remember this, it was an electrician that installed the original breaker box in a closet, it was an electrician that did faulty wiring when they hooked the hot line from the furnace breaker to another breaker to make room to add a double 40 for a dryer hookup on a 50 amp breaker supply. Obviously some electricians don't care or don't know what they're doing, which is probably why they're watching my video because they're trying to learn. However, there are some electricians who have valuable knowledge, and I hope they will leave comments that everyone can learn something from, like pointing out exact details of what they dislike, not just vague general complaints

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Paul Ozburn

20:47

+nof123 Ok, so then wire nutting each line individually would cancel your argument, and then it would only be bonded in the new100 amp breaker box. If electricity flows like a river, then you believe that a small lake is forming inside the old breaker box. I don't think electricity works that way without some kind of capacitor. I don't think the electricity is pooling on the terminal, I believe its flowing through the lines at the exact spot that they are spliced. As for the rest of the house, I bought a 3 dollar tester from the hardware store that plugs into each outlet, and they are all wired correctly. I would have posted a video about it but there are already several videos on how to wire outlets. I only posted this video because at the time there was not a video on how to do this. This is a video for people to learn, pissing off you electricians is just an added bonus, but thanks for your concern.
:eek::laughing::no:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I cant get over the fact that he used the old panels neutral bar as a splice point.. Lol biggest wire jumping those panels neutral bars is a #10.. Not to mention the current paralleling through all the neutral jumpers. Jeez, I can hear the Fire tones drop already..

·
Registered
321 Posts
I haven't read any replies so I apologize if this has been mentioned. When he opened the meter lid it appears the line side meter jaws have been arced out. Then he explains how the top side is dangerous. Wonder how he found that out. That one cracked me up. Another funny was when he said he should have his um "electrician screwdriver" but doesn't have it near him. And the final laugh for me would have, could have been if the load side of those meter jaws were somehow backfed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get the feeling this guy couldn't take being a greenhorn, figured out he knew everything electrical and decided to go on doing side work. Seems like this one is a friends house or something

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
just read this whole thread without watching video. now im wondering if i should get a few laughs or will it scare me?:):eek:

41 - 60 of 97 Posts