Electrician Talk banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
3xdad said:
Originally Posted by mxslick
Yeah right, and I am a blonde buff stud supercross racer with a hot supermodel wife who pays all the bills so I don't have to work....:rolleyes::laughing:
i knew it!

What I wish I was:

The reality:

And I don't have the supermodel wife....but my friend (the rider in the pic above) does....:laughing: Lucky bast**d.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Oh God! :laughing::laughing:

Well Mr. Dubya, if I was as cheap as you make me out to be then I would have just used the existing copper wire that was probably thick enough to handle the electrical load of this box, or worse yet I would've bought some cheap aluminum most electricians peddle that will oxidize eventually no matter how much noalox you use. Instead I opted for higher quality than needed, more expensive 2/0 copper with a rating of 195 amps for this 100 amp power supply. Funny thing that 2/0 copper is only rated at 195 amps, you cant find a breaker box for 195 amps, either 100 amp or 200 amp. Most home owners with 2/0 copper supply to their 100 amp service box who want to upgrade can only opt for a 200 amp box, and their 2/0 copper supply is just not quite good enough, barely missed it by 5 amps. As if they're going to be running 200 amps all day every day, which wouldn't get that hot before the main tripped anyway. So guess they gota pay an electrician to rip out and replace all that wire too.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
The more screwed up electrical systems... the more money that falls out of the sky for the pros who come in and fix things.

Right?

·
Registered
Electrician
4,306 Posts
I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts.:rolleyes:
Don't think I've seen anyone else mention it.

The IDIOT said: "probably should have secured the panel box before tying in those feed wires"

He could have secured it any way he wanted before powering it up but he chose to have to be careful where he put his drill or "lectrician" screwdriver in there.

Would have been funny if when he shoved the meter in there was a fault and blew that unmounted panel out of the wall!:laughing:

Also was wondering why there were two meters there unless it was a duplex.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts