Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's this company that contacts me every now and then. They're not spamming me or anything like that.

It's just I have been thinking about their offer.

For a 25% commission of my work, they will supply clients to me. Sounds like a no-brainer to me but I dunno.

There's always that site, HomeAdvisor. Ha ha.

What do you guys think?
Would you consider that 25% commission offer if you were in my shoes?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
25% of what? Cost of the job or profit? If profit, how do you establish what is your profit before their 25% gets taken out.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
I always avoid "pay to play sites".. IMO it is just a black hole to pour money into..

You can take that 25% and invest it into some classy brochures and stop in every store in every strip mall and say hello..

Put some T-12 ballasts.. 4 & 8' lamps in back of your truck maybe you can find a few new customers..

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
How the hell can you make any $$$ if you pay them 25% of any portion of the job.....and what exactly are you paying them for?? Advertising?? Referrals??

Screw them......they do nothing and want a cut of our hard earned money.:no:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
I call shenanigans on this one.

No way in HE11 is anyone demanding 25%.

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
There's this company that contacts me every now and then. They're not spamming me or anything like that.

For a 25% commission of my work, they will supply clients to me. Sounds like a no-brainer to me but I dunno.

What do you guys think?

Excatly what kind of clientle are we talkin' would be the Q i'd sk to farm myself out to pimps-r-us

oh yeah, i'm easy...just not cheap....

~CS~

·
Small Potatoes
5,460 Posts

What do you guys think?
I think you skip this idea until you can provide us with more detailed information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts