Electrician Talk banner

Do you pull permits on every job where permits are required?

• Yes! No permit; No workie

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Um, er, um, sometimes I leave permit pulling to the owner or GC

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • What's a permit? I use blue carlon boxes.

Votes: 30 26.8%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
NO, it avoids those costly useless AFCI breakers and outlets.

Reactions: RIVETER

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get bagged here they can and will revoke your license even if they just fine you your license becomes permanently marked.
I think that's technically true in California, though I have never heard of it being done.

EDIT:

Seems they really take permitting seriously in: Climate Change Is a Hoax!!!

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Out here they just issue a Stop Work Order, no license reprimands. Just apply for a permit and return to work.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
We pull permits, but the system is far from perfect. Anyone who resides in a state with 3-4 EI's for thousands of us can attest to this.

Many times my job(s) will be done & paid for before i even get the paper copy w/stamped approval back from the state , and i've had public buildings occupied for years before an EI could be had to final me out

The bad news is state bureaucracy is always going to maintain it's own pace no matter what the market is doing, the good news is some of the EI's know this and will work with you.

~CS~

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Depends on what is considered a 'repair' or 'install' Ashock

Usually the dif is defined as 'pulling any wire'

That said, the ever eloquent grey 'maintenance' terminology allows for maint men to boldly go where no permit has gone before here....

~CS~

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,679 Posts
I don't usually take out a permit here, but over at Mike Holt I take one out every single time........

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
.............If you give a crackhead money, he will advise his friends and they all will return asking for more.

Kind of like giving money out for permits and taxes.

Reactions: nola electrician
1 - 20 of 91 Posts