Electrician Talk banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
my friend’s sister’s babysitter’s dog groomer‘s brother is a nurse at arrowhead hospital says they had 46 cases last night and 5 were fully vaccinated.

Also some guys on the internet’s wives

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software
Product Rectangle Font Operating system Screenshot

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yes they were certain it was the one employee, no visitors were allowed and he was the only employee that was positive.
So you want me to believe that one (1) single person worked 24 hrs. a day seven (7) days a week? That is the only way your statement can be true.
Please don’t p$ss on my leg and try to tell me it is raining.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,829 Posts
I'm asking you to share your (or their) "evidence".
Tracing money and no show jobs financed by China would be a great place to start.

Our current potus and it's family sure have benefited from the red chinese.

·
Registered
206 Posts
None of this would even be happening if you guys would all simply pre-twist, put tape on the terminals, and set the screws straight up and down. These horizontal or random screw heads are what's really to blame. Don't let the discussion stoop to name- calling. It's hard to recover and have an effective conversation after that, you jerks.

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
1,713 Posts
You do know that half of those links are to articles of the same incident that happened in the late '90s, right?

The others just look like party politics and name calling very similar to what the dems were saying in 2017. It's all an effn joke, you think either party or any of these politicians really care about you or our country, NO!, they don't.

·
Registered
Electrician
152 Posts
Well I guess I'm just dumb as a box of rocks, because I have no idea of what you are attempting to convey. This is your response to me asking for someone to back up their claims? SMH.
You know, I'm trying to determine what "SMH" means @ the end of this posting.

*Was I just insulted (?) Was this meant to infer, that I'm a "smart mouth hack" (?) ..WTF(?)(?)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You know, I'm trying to determine what "SMH" means @ the end of this posting.

*Was I just insulted (?) Was this meant to infer, that I'm a "smart mouth hack" (?) ..WTF(?)(?)
Sorry man! :) "Shaking My Head". Not meant as an insult, more of a I give up.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
61,829 Posts
You do know that half of those links are to articles of the same incident that happened in the late '90s, right?

The others just look like party politics and name calling very similar to what the dems were saying in 2017. It's all an effn joke, you think either party or any of these politicians really care about you or our country, NO!, they don't.
I'm not saying either party is above board I'm just saying the demonrats have been corrupt going back years and just suck further into the abyss.

·
Super Moderator
7,381 Posts
Looking this morning here's what I came up with. I'd like to know if I'm reading the data correctly.
If accurate:
  • 12.6% of the population has had documented Covid,
  • 1.6% of those who got Covid, died, and,
  • 0.2% of the population has died from Covid.

I searched Covid Deaths USA on Google and didn't even have to click anything. They just put the data on the search results page.

Consider the data quality of input, and the true numbers are lower than what's above.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

One death is one death too many, every day of the week.
I'm not trying to say it's nothing to worry about, it most certainly is.

Anyone care to opine as to whether I'm reading the data correctly?

Reactions: splatz

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Looking this morning here's what I came up with. I'd like to know if I'm reading the data correctly.
If accurate:

I searched Covid Deaths USA on Google and didn't even have to click anything. They just put the data on the search results page.

Consider the data quality of input, and the true numbers are lower than what's above.

View attachment 158462

I haven't checked, but I don't think your data is wrong. I do however think you are looking at the wrong data.

Here are links to what makes my eyebrow go up.

·
Hackenschmidt
11,872 Posts
The numbers are all so large it's hard to put in perspective, also from some quick googling -

World War II with a US population about 131,028,000 there were 407,300 military deaths. That would be deaths / population of 0.00310849589 or 0.310849589% in four years.

The US lost about 57,000 in Viet Nam with a population about 211 million which comes to 0.00027014218 or 0.027014218% with most of the deaths occurring in a five year period. For those of you too young to remember, Viet Nam killed enough people that it touched just about every family in the US in some way.

Drunk driving deaths / population in 2018 comes to 0.000032 or 0.0032% and opiods kill 0.00297 or 0.297% annually.

So 0.20% is a lot of dead folks.

The problem is the numbers are garbage for a lot of reasons, from plain corruption / fraud due to financial incentives, deliberate distortion (in both directions) and some legitimate problems in that it's not always simple to test and conclusively determine cause of death in some cases.

Of course the human cost is terrible, the suffering, dying, death and loss are devastating. But at another level the deliberate distortion, the corruption, the tolerance for lying and fraud, the inability to deal with challenges, the deep division, and the insane financial manipulations are deeply disturbing in a different way. The there's the media's aim has shifted from journalism to trying to become an addictive substance. It's ironic that 30 years ago people talked about living in the "age of information," and now, we're living in the age of disinformation.

I really don't think covid is going to kill enough of us to collapse our society. But the corruption, division, and financial insanity, I worry about.

If accurate:

View attachment 158462

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
None of this would even be happening if you guys would all simply pre-twist, put tape on the terminals, and set the screws straight up and down. These horizontal or random screw heads are what's really to blame. Don't let the discussion stoop to name- calling. It's hard to recover and have an effective conversation after that, you jerks.
NONE of that would have helped so long as they are still installing receptacles with the grounds on the bottom. Until we get the grounds on top, it’s a lost cause.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts