Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
That was cool.
About this time last year I was wiring an addition to a fire department. On a Friday afternoon they were called out to a wreck about a 1/2 mile from the station. About 30 min. latter the fire chief called me and told me to load up the tools and come to where they were.
A farmer had been picking cotton. They finished and were moving to another field. They had a press that they dumped the cotton in and it has 2 hydraulic arms with a plate that press the cotton down until it is about a 20,000 lb. bale. The guy pulling the press forgot to run the arms down when he moved to the other field. He managed to rip service drops that were ran across the highway off of 3 houses and snap 2 poles before someone could stop him.
I talked to the HO's and the farmer he said do what I needed to do to get their power back on. Called supply house to have material delivered, called inspector for emergency inspections, POCO on their way to replace poles. 5 hrs. later 3 new bases with new risers and a check in hand. Police chief, whom I went to school with, wouldn't let the farmer leave the seen until every one had power and every one was happy.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Some crazy sh!t there but about half of those accidents were the fault of the other drivers......not necessarily the truck driver.

When you try to race a speeding semi through an intersection you have to remember that those things can't stop quite as quick as the car your driving.:001_huh:

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Being Russia, I'd be willing to guess that a large majority of those involved alcohol. Really makes me appreciate the training that most of our truck drivers need to have and our relatively rigorous enforcement of licensing and equipment safety inspections. Its one of the things that scares me about allowing Mexican trucks across the border. I've driven in Mexico, truck accidents like this are a way of life down there. No safety regs, very loose licensing.

I have seen the one where the wheels came off and hit the other cars, didn't hit mine though. It was on I-5 in Tacoma, wheel came off a log truck and jumped the jersey barriers into oncoming traffic. Smashed multiple cars but by some miracle, nobody was even seriously injured!

Seeing these in the past few years has made me want to get a dash cam though. I've been in two accidents this past year, neither we're my fault, but the other people claimed they were. Both lost, but a video would have made the process much quicker I think.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,665 Posts
And dumb enough to post the pictures on a forum to prove it......
You clowns don't want to listen.. traffic was STOPPED when I took the pic.. but continue to rant about nothing if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.. :rolleyes::no:

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You clowns don't want to listen.. traffic was STOPPED when I took the pic.. but continue to rant about nothing if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.. :rolleyes::no:
B4T, kidding aside ..... We all know that's a load of crap. ....it was oblivious that to the law you were driving. The law was even posted for you.

But who cares?

We all do that stuff, we are just not so full of crap that we try to deny it and point out how bad the others around us are.

Just man up and admit you are no better, or no worse than the drivers around you.:)

Not a big deal, just stop trying to BS us. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.