Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following comments in response to plans we submitted for a design build project: "The service load shall be balanced within 10% of the feeder capacity"

Design loads are as follows (KVA):
A=56773
B=50361
C=53550

Service is 480V 3Ø & Feeders are 4/0 with a 75° ampacity of 230A.

From what I can tell I am good.

Not sure what the comments mean?

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
:blink:

I have no idea. Who made the comment? Is it an owner comment or did that come from a plan reviewer from a jurisdiction?

FWIW, whenever I perform a plans examination I typicall provide the code section that the design doesn't meet. Did you get that from them?

Pete

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are comments from the landlord plan reviewer. Not sure of their background or expertise.

I've seen load balancing requirements from landlords before, just not in relation to feeder capacity.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
They are comments from the landlord plan reviewer. Not sure of their background or expertise.

I've seen load balancing requirements from landlords before, just not in relation to feeder capacity.
Ask that plan reviewer what their qualifications are in the electrical field.
:whistling2: I am willing to bet they haven't any experience at all in the electrical trades.

They are pulling this out of their azz to try to justify their fees. :thumbsup:

Very much like the so-called "acoustical expert" on the last screening room I did, where his only function was to cost the building owners over a million in cost overruns and delaying progress on the project by over a month. :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts