Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,474 Posts
cant hardly go wrong with stackers, and theyre cheap
so youre saying an idiot that doesnt know what hes doing makes stackers a waste?
What do using stackers have to do with drilling holes correctly so you don't need nail plates?:001_huh:
You have to have a hole for the wires to come through before you can use a stacker!

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I was wiring my old bosses house he made us put nail plates over every spot where we drilled regardless of the spacing. He was anal and just wanted to make sure there were no issues at all. We used about 375 Nail Plates.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
When I was wiring my old bosses house he made us put nail plates over every spot where we drilled regardless of the spacing. He was anal and just wanted to make sure there were no issues at all. We used about 375 Nail Plates.
i was gonna fix that for ya, but it was too nasty, and I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. well, at least early in the morning. suffice it to say, anal isn't the word I was thinking of.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,618 Posts
Drill in the middle and eff using plates. I doubt I use more than 2 plates per entire new house.
I think the op was referring to 2x3 walls, where drilling in the middle would require plates on both sides.
Drill off to the side and only plate that side

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A bit off topic , don't ya hate 2x4 exterior walls when the carpenter used 3" friggin nails to hold the OSB board on .
Hard on drill bits! Green lee might call them nail eaters but that's load of crap.
Pisses ya of when you get that new 40$ bit and bam 3 holes in another nail. Now won't drill crap.

·
Estwing magic
27,545 Posts
A bit off topic , don't ya hate 2x4 exterior walls when the carpenter used 3" friggin nails to hold the OSB board on .
Hard on drill bits! Green lee might call them nail eaters but that's load of crap.
Pisses ya of when you get that new 40$ bit and bam 3 holes in another nail. Now won't drill crap.
We use the Daredevils with an extension. Nails kill them but they're cheap.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.