Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped for nonpayment? Ouch I thought I dropped when I moved 3000+ miles away. Reapplied and am moving back, all seems ok at the hall but dropped for nonpayment dosent sound good. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
vasparky27 said:
Dropped for nonpayment? Ouch I thought I dropped when I moved 3000+ miles away. Reapplied and am moving back, all seems ok at the hall but dropped for nonpayment dosent sound good. Any suggestions?
. Dropped for what , behind on dues , or extortion fees , lol ? How late were you ? I pay a year in advance because I know I'll forget monthly . Doesn't seem like a brotherly thing to do , now does it ? More proof that our money I more important to them than we are . Unless you're a year behind , that's a bunch of crap if you ask me ? Well , good luck anyway !

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
vasparky27 said:
BA's a good guy so we will see.
. Yeah , they're all good guys until you miss a payment , I guess ? I'm told our ba is a good guy too , but he looks about as shady as they come to me ? He wouldn't know me if he fell over me , and I prefer it that way .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
. Dropped for what , behind on dues , or extortion fees , lol ? How late were you ? I pay a year in advance because I know I'll forget monthly . Doesn't seem like a brotherly thing to do , now does it ? More proof that our money I more important to them than we are . Unless you're a year behind , that's a bunch of crap if you ask me ? Well , good luck anyway !
What does brotherhood have to do with him moving 3000 miles away and not paying his dues? That's his own doing and I'm sure he can make it right. In our local we have dues relief for a member that have fallen on tough times, members do use it when needed. That's brotherhood.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
. Yeah , they're all good guys until you miss a payment , I guess ? I'm told our ba is a good guy too , but he looks about as shady as they come to me ? He wouldn't know me if he fell over me , and I prefer it that way .
That's the system. No dues-no hall. No payments to benefits-no benifits. Really simple.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Just curious, how much are the dues?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup my own fault for not reading the bylaws and clarifying before I moved away. I must have lived under a rock growing up, as was suggested in another post, didnt know unions existed or what gmo's were til I was in my 30s.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Probably in the neighborhood of $475 a year.
If they (union) can keep you working, that sounds like a reasonable fee. Does the union get a part of your hourly rate?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
hardworkingstiff said:
Just curious, how much are the dues?
it varies from local to local , obviously . I believe ours are $ 35.00 a month ? I pay for the year in January , because i'd easily forget !

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Loose Neutral said:
What does brotherhood have to do with him moving 3000 miles away and not paying his dues? That's his own doing and I'm sure he can make it right. In our local we have dues relief for a member that have fallen on tough times, members do use it when needed. That's brotherhood.
. Just my attempt at sarcasm loose . I don't mean anything by it . I'm a ball buster by nature , lol !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a chance too live in Hawaii......what can I say?
Shoulda finished school then moved.:D

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
vasparky27 said:
Had a chance too live in Hawaii......what can I say? Shoulda finished school then moved.:D
oh , you were still an apprentice when you moved ? Are you in Hawaii now ? I'd never come back , lol ! They have electric there right ? See , you can work anywhere ? What a trade !

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If they (union) can keep you working, that sounds like a reasonable fee. Does the union get a part of your hourly rate?
Those dues mostly go to the international, then you pay working dues. My local working dues are around 5% of gross. That goes towards running the hall and the associated staff. I figure it's just part of doing business.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts