Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 100W metal halide Econolight floodlight with a Luma lamp and the fixture or the lamp has failed within 6 months. It cycles just like an HPS at end of life. Anyone else run into issues with Econolight stuff?

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only purchased and installed the LED exit/emergency. No issues after 1.5 years.
Funny you mention that. I just opened up an Econolight exit sign that I installed to check the battery and the plastic tabs that hold the sign face snapped off. :mad:

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their products are poor quality and are now costing me time and money to repair. Should I stop buying them?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Reason for failure-Sub standard installation

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Care to elaborate? :blink:
We have had good luck with Luma lamps (about the same DOA % as Sylvanias), but Econolight's MH stuff is garbage. We did MH flood lights on a building and garage, and of the 6 lights, 5 have needed replacement parts, including 2 ballasts, 4 photocells, and 4 lamps. These were installed in April.

Reactions: MTW

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have had good luck with Luma lamps (about the same DOA % as Sylvanias), but Econolight's MH stuff is garbage. We did MH flood lights on a building and garage, and of the 6 lights, 5 have needed replacement parts, including 2 ballasts, 4 photocells, and 4 lamps. These were installed in April.
Good to know, looks like I'll have to plan to replace the ones I installed with LED's soon. :thumbup::laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts