Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best you can do is go around with your receptacle tester and try to open them up a bit. It does help.
I did that on one small kitchen job. But like yesterday I replaced a countertop rec for a 70+ yr old. I went to the van and debated on it and just grabbed a non TR one. I doubt this fellow will be trying to jam a butter knife into it.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have heard of many complaints. I never installed one until I got desperate and the only GFCI Blowe's had in stock were TR. The elderly customer called me a week later and said he couldn't plug into it. I returned and exchanged it with a standard GFCI and pitched the TR in re trash.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,565 Posts
Never had an issue with P&S.
We use P&S a lot and every once in awhile there is a problem receptacle. Usually on the 20 GFCI's.
I would assume that it is be expected with the volume that made

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a customer call our City Electrical Inspector about the TR devices. She B*tched and moaned so much that the inspector actually went out and showed her the code where they were required. I don't know how she did it but the inspector then checked every receptacle.

I haven't witnessed such a hilarious event in maybe decades.

·
Estwing magic
27,426 Posts
I did that on one small kitchen job. But like yesterday I replaced a countertop rec for a 70+ yr old. I went to the van and debated on it and just grabbed a non TR one. I doubt this fellow will be trying to jam a butter knife into it.
It takes a determined child to climb on top of a countertop and jam a knife into a receptacle.

·
Registered
880 Posts
We get an occasional P&S that's hard to plug into but the worst was some Hubbells that were installed in Midwest boxes, couldn't get them to work for nothing and had to swap them out. We also ran across a landscape timer, brand new, wouldn't plug into any TR recep. Couldn't see anything wrong with the plug cap other than it was made in China.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.