Electrician Talk banner

Electric to gas range change over

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  A Little Short 
The AL to cu splice will be an issue...only 2 approved methods to do this so commandos way is best IMHO..sub panel accessible someplace? and then run off that....
There are plenty more than two approved ways to do this. For a cable that size use an sk split bolt and some tape. Not hard to convert an oven at all. Swap breaker out in panel and do the same thing there to convert conductor size. Much easier and less costly than installing a sub panel.

Either way I get sub panels for $29....yes you could put a 4sq under there and split bolt it and change break and re identify 2 split bolts new breaker ect....you do the math....:thumbsup:
where is this sub panel going? Behind the oven? 30 feet away? I see more than your 29 bucks piling up real quick.

I have less than $25 in my solution, and that is for those who don't have a burndy crimp gizmo. If you have a Burndy like I do it takes one third less time to finish the job, so you now have a 15 minute conversion , but since I always flat rate, that makes the money go into my pocket that much faster. And everything is in the van.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.