Electrician Talk banner

Electrical Concrete Curing Bed

895 6
Hey all, first year apprentice here trying to figure out the wiring for a 400 ft. Concrete curing bed. The bed was shipped up here from the states. The bed was shipped with no control panel either, so that im in the process of doing once i figure out the bed. The bed is fed from a 75 kva transformer. The bed is 3 ph 277v i ran to it cables to a junction box to tye in the ends of all the feeds for the elements. What im not understanding is that there is 6 heating circuits and that one phase from each circuit goes into another circuit to balance the load. Some of the wires were cut and and labels fell off during transport so im not able to identify them. I have ohmd some of them out but some just get continuity once i start making connections. Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks shawn..
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manufacturer will not provide schematics and when you phone they want to charge 200$/ hr for phone consultation. They made this bed so that inital installation they send there team to install the bed and make connections and inform the electricians on it. However the company im doing it for bought the bed used from another concrete company.

·
Banned
7,205 Posts
Dude you're in over your head. Your journeyman/foreman should be telling you what to do and how to do it.. and even that for a first year is expecting a lot.

You're in too deep and this forum isn't going to save the day. Sorry bro.

I don't understand what company you could possibly work for that would have you metering out some massive curing bed that's been tampered with and destroyed and you gotta figure it out. Or is this a side job? If so, tell them they need to hire an electrician.. this one is going to bite you bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.