Electrician Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Manufacturer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traditionally electrical contracts have mainly focused on the installation of equipment at a facility. As more end-users, owners, and facility managers are asked to do more with less, they are increasingly relying on contractors like you to provide more solutions and expertise to fulfill their energy and electrical needs. How often do you include maintenance plans in your proposal? Do you include maintenance plans as a standard option on all of your proposals or only at the owner’s request? We are interested in receiving your feedback on this topic and looking forward to hearing from you.

·
Bilge Rat
7,022 Posts
I work for an electrical contractor, we do almost exclusively commercial and industrial.

Just about every industrial plant or part of a plant that we've built, we (usually me) does quite a bit of maintenance and repairs on.

There are not very many guys around here who can design and install controls, especially VFDs. And even fewer engineers that are good at it so the majority of my work is something like 'here's what we need this machine to do, make it work'.

Usually I get to choose whatever materials I need and often, cost is a pretty small issue. They just want it done and working properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts