Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got lucky and scored an interview as an Electrical Controls Engineer. This past May I graduated with a BSEE. I have no PLC experience, but I understand ladder logic and basic programming. The interview is scheduled to be all day. What kind of questions should I expect? What can I do to prepare for the interview? I have the job description if that would help. Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
what are your a.s.(automated safety) circuit specs.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
reverse any 2 supply leads (l1-l2-l3)
if you have an inverter installed you can reverse the rotation through the inverters software.
if you are going to swap leads on an inverter driven motor you would do this downstream of the inverter.

swapping the supply leads to an inverter will have no effect to the motor rotation
I think that was a test question for the OP :laughing:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think that was a test question for the OP :laughing:
Yes, I was being a smart a$$.

All jokes aside I can't imagine an all day interview.

The worst interview that I have been to in the last 13 years was at a large manufacturer here in Central PA. The interview was about 4 hours long. The first three hours I was grilled by 6 EE's. I was asked to explain in detail the difference between NPN and PNP, what color wires correspond with the respective sensors. Explain a safety circuit and how I would troubleshoot machine that would not start because of safety circuit wasn't latched in. Was asked what a megger was and when would it be used. Difference between a sinking and sourcing PLC card. Ect, Ect, Ect. After I passed all that I met with the head controls engineer for an hour. He asked the normal interview questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts