Electrician Talk banner

Electrical Design Professional

1938 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  DesignerMan
Hello all,

I wanted to know if any of the firms out there have Commercial Electrical Designers in-house. I'm guessing that this position would be limited to design/build contractors, but maybe not. I am looking to work in this profession for a commercial EC, but not sure where to begin. Would anyone be able to give any advice into how to get into this short of getting an electrical engineering degree? Are there any certifications that could help propel me into this field? I currently work as a electrical product manufacturing sales rep, but I was a resi electrician's assistant for a number of years.

Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
Retired EC
24,895 Posts
I would go around to the big shops in the area and politely ask what they require and whether or not they have those type of jobs. I suspect they won't.

You can try an architectural firm....

· THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,413 Posts
Hello all,

I wanted to know if any of the firms out there have Commercial Electrical Designers in-house. I'm guessing that this position would be limited to design/build contractors, but maybe not. I am looking to work in this profession for a commercial EC, but not sure where to begin. Would anyone be able to give any advice into how to get into this short of getting an electrical engineering degree? Are there any certifications that could help propel me into this field? I currently work as a electrical product manufacturing sales rep, but I was a resi electrician's assistant for a number of years.

Thanks.
I check around like Dennis said some of the large contractors and I would also check around the community colleges have junior engineer type programs

· Registered
1 Posts
I would like to suggest you one service where you can apply. They have their main office situated in 2903 National Dr, Garland, TX 75041. But, I instead of visiting their physical office, you should first checkout whether the service you are looking for is provided by them or not.

So, just checkout their website first. Click here and you'll get redirected to the commercial electrical contractor's site.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.