Electrician Talk banner

Electrical Design

1429 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Speedy Petey
Happy Thanksgiving,
I'd like to have a string of 25-40 watt bulbs wired similar to a string of Christmas lights, with, a dimmer that would create a least to brightest sequence along the string. How do I do this? :santa:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
String of bulbs w/ gradient dimmer

Hi,
I have project I'd like to complete myself or hire an electrician and provide sufficient hardware. Can you advise a forum I can post to and possible helpful tags or title? My question:

I'd like to have a string of 25-40 watt bulbs wired similar to a string of Christmas lights (but its for a chandelier), with, a dimmer that would create a least to brightest sequence along the string. How do I do this?

· Ditch Digging Dummy
1,855 Posts
Hi,
I have project I'd like to complete myself or hire an electrician and provide sufficient hardware. Can you advise a forum I can post to and possible helpful tags or title? My question:

I'd like to have a string of 25-40 watt bulbs wired similar to a string of Christmas lights (but its for a chandelier), with, a dimmer that would create a least to brightest sequence along the string. How do I do this?
I must apologize before this thread gets closed. There is a DIY site where people would be happy to help you with this installation. This site is for electricians and electrical contractors to discuss the electrical trade and business topics. Sorry for any confusion.

· Ditch Digging Dummy
1,855 Posts
I must apologize before this thread gets closed. There is a DIY site where people would be happy to help you with this installation. This site is for electricians and electrical contractors to discuss the electrical trade and business topics. Sorry for any confusion.

· Ditch Digging Dummy
1,855 Posts
Seems straightforward. A string of lights with a dimmer to brighter effect along the string. Is this not the place to seek problem solving?
If I were to give you some advice and there were to be a catastrophic failure resulting in some damage or loss of property I as an electrical contractor could be held liable for the damages. Therefore you will find it difficult to find the answers you want here as most of the members of this site are electrical contractors and are held to the same standards. The DIY chat room is the best place to post your question.

· Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
36,924 Posts
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am

· Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,733 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.