Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to offer a special discount for Home Inspections next month. I was wondering if anyone had a worksheet or checklist already drawn up they might share ? I have looked online but have not found anything I liked without major reworking.

Thanks in Advance

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
There are books called "Code Check" for various trades... plumbing, electrical, mechanical.

I think they sell them at the Big Orange Stores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was looking for a word document or Excell document that could be printed by the electrican and do a walk through checklist then give a copy to the customer. If I can not find one I can make my own list just checking to see if anyone already has one in digital format.

·
Proud Navy Veteran
1,429 Posts
I'll see if I can grab one from work

·
Registered
31,884 Posts
As a commercial electrical test tech I was wondering what type of inspection and tresting you do on a residential inspection. I have a fair idea of what I would like to see done if I was contracting this to a company.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
As a commercial electrical test tech I was wondering what type of inspection and tresting you do on a residential inspection. I have a fair idea of what I would like to see done if I was contracting this to a company.
I'm sure the actual inspectors could answer better :)whistling2:) but I will tell you what I see checked - usually will plug-check all receptacles, always check GFCI protection on all receps requiring protection. Make sure all required outlets (receps or lighting) are there. Disconnects. panel schedule. appliances operate.

Hmmm, let me see if I can find a list somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts