Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good people ! I am looking for the best book for electrical installation design for residential and commercial buildings that gives comprehensive information from start to finish( comply with standards). I am ok with basic theory but I need a book that details procedure , calculation and layout.

Thanks in advance

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
No such book can put in to words what some have worked a lifetime to perfect.

At least not that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
There are some basic books that give information on service design, and load calculations. Others that give some on blue print reading.

Do a google search on the subject that you want the information on and you will get some information.

There is some information here and I was hoping others would add their suggestions.

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/suggested-reading-69772/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi good people ! I am looking for the best book for electrical installation design for residential and commercial buildings that gives comprehensive information from start to finish( comply with standards). I am ok with basic theory but I need a book that details procedure , calculation and layout.

Thanks in advance
Well, actually there may be no book which covers all the topics but the one that focus on design aspects works perfect for me. I googled some books already but wanted to listen to what experienced people recommend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No such book can put in to words what some have worked a lifetime to perfect.

At least not that I'm aware of.
I have been working as technician for one and half year at fairly small company(under subcontractor) but I want my future to be focusing on design aspects however small it would be.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Dinero said:
I have been working as technician for one and half year at fairly small company(under subcontractor) but I want my future to be focusing on design aspects however small it would be.
It's good that you're being future minded along with ambitious. I admire that. Just make sure to continue to gain your experience as a technician over the next few years. A good designer needs plenty of field experiance. The mullens books and the American electrician HB are decent but no substitute for OJT.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Dinero said:
I was thinking about this and came up with an idea. You said you're a technician. Well that got me thinking alarm tech and NICET certifications. If you want to be involved in design being a level 4 NICET would be a nice path to follow/ You'll be able to learn a ton of information from the manufacturers cut sheets for the panels and such.

Google search NICET.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts