Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently (no pun intended) working with an electrical manufacturing company and researching new ideas on how to innovate manufactured electrical products in the fields of conduit fittings, weatherproof products, and outdoor low voltage lighting. These improvements can be anything from product design, to better labeling and packaging, and more efficient storage.

Because electricians, and some of the more experienced DIYers, are the primary users of these parts, I invite anyone who is interested to post your own innovative ideas, or even any idea, about how to make manufactured electrical products better, more efficient, easier to use, and safer. I'll have a few of my own ideas too that I would appreciate any positive or negative feedback on.

We actually have the ability here to push a brand new or innovated product through to the market which would be very exciting and useful for us all.

Thanks, and I look forward to participating in the coming weeks with everyone in this forum.

Phil

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum (I think).
"I invite anyone who is interested to post your own innovative ideas".

Are you paying for new ideas, or are we just donating to your cause?

My brother manufacturers that kind of stuff in Conyers, Georgia. His firm also has 'the ability here (in the USA) to push a brand new or innovated product through to the market'. I $ell my brain farts to him . . .

Best Wishes Everyone in 2008

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I'm just looking to run some ideas up the flag pole, get a little feedback, see if anyone in the industry wanted to add anything or comment. The intention of my post is a first attempt to jump start the innovation process.

As far as donating to my cause goes, my cause is also your cause. Getting products designed more efficiently, safer for the user, and to market more quickly will enhance the entire electrical industry. But for electricians that don't have the industry connections that you have, I thought they may appreciate a forum to discuss whats on their minds.

So if you feel like sharing any of your brain farts, I could be interested in taking a whiff for everyones sake.

Best, Phil

·
Registered
625 Posts
Since you are looking for input,

1 - don't make your stuff like _eer. We have a name for it - _eer s_it (reasonably sure we do not have a patent on that name here).

2 - do fabricate anything using zinc (pot metal).

·
Registered
625 Posts
2 - do NOT fabricate anything using zinc (pot metal).

But ya'll are way ahead of me here . . .

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm just looking to run some ideas up the flag pole, get a little feedback, see if anyone in the industry wanted to add anything or comment. The intention of my post is a first attempt to jump start the innovation process.

As far as donating to my cause goes, my cause is also your cause. Getting products designed more efficiently, safer for the user, and to market more quickly will enhance the entire electrical industry.
Uh... no. It enhances YOUR marketshare.

You probably believe in trickle-down economics too, right?

But for electricians that don't have the industry connections that you have, I thought they may appreciate a forum to discuss whats on their minds.

So if you feel like sharing any of your brain farts, I could be interested in taking a whiff for everyones sake.

Best, Phil

·
Registered
625 Posts
"Uh... no. It enhances YOUR marketshare.
You probably believe in trickle-down economics too, right?"

Hey kids,
That LawnGuyLandSparky guy is about half perceptive, ain't he? Wink wink . .

Just send us a USPS certified copy of your detailed invention idea, (and send a copy to yourself) just do not open your copy. That will protect your invention. We will send you a check, soon. Nuther wink wink here . .

We don't cut no slack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.