Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering what programs or software do you guys use if any that is geared and made specifically for electricians, and what are your thoughts on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just starting out doing commercial & industrial which are my strengths. I'll do resi for people I know (friends/family) but other than that strictly commercial/industrial. Service & New Installs

·
Registered
566 Posts
For new construction stick with quickbooks and a good estimating software. Also a calendar program.

For service
http://www.electricalflatrate.com

Successware21 is better and a lot more options.
Aptora is another one.

Both program require training to use. If you don't configure correctly you will be missing out.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
We just started with Service Titan in oct. Its great so far. Pm me for info. I spent 7 months evaluating programs.
Successware was over 10k to start plus $350/ mo. Service Titan has no upfront costs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Service Titan is geared for service companies. I dont think it will be good for new construction or commercial. We are using it in our office and just rolled it out on ipads in the field. Still in the early stages but so far so good. I am an information junkie and this gives me numbers that used to be a pain to extract in practically real time. Very easy to use too. Succcessware requires you to send at least one person to new york for a week for $3600 for training. Bleh, plus all the upfront costs and monthly fees and having to work with multiple vendors for their mobile version was a big turn off for me. Lots of very successful companies use it, but i prefer the newer cloud based programs.
Rewire is ESI and they own clockworks so he gets it really cheap. Everyone else pays 9K plus training plus a bunch of other upfront costs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Which version are you testing? The 75 or $100 per month. Also how many users do you have logging in? One office and one field?
No we have 5 field and 3 office log ins. Plus we pay for minutes because tracking numbers are recorded. It more than pays back for us and is still less than successware.

My second choices were ESC or service ledger. Those are both 1x purchases with annual updates but you need to install on a server.

If you dont want to spend money then quickbooks and google calendar will do too.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
I need some electrical software that can upgrade a 100A to 200A service within 3 hours.... anyone got that?

·
Registered
566 Posts
yrman said:
No we have 5 field and 3 office log ins. Plus we pay for minutes because tracking numbers are recorded. It more than pays back for us and is still less than successware. My second choices were ESC or service ledger. Those are both 1x purchases with annual updates but you need to install on a server. If you dont want to spend money then quickbooks and google calendar will do too.
Your inbox is full

1 - 20 of 28 Posts