Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a student at New England Institute of Technology and I was wondering if I could get some responses on these questions. Any opinions and experiences will be helpfull to me and my career. Thanks.

-How did you get the job you have now?(What experience did you need for the job? What was the employer looking for?)

-What are your daily or long term responsibilities?

-What important skills do you need to perform your job?

-What is your opinion on what the future of the job will be and what might I be able to do to prepare myself for success in this field?

·
I have a black cat.
4,021 Posts
Hi. I'm a student at New England Institute of Technology and I was wondering if I could get some responses on these questions. Any opinions and experiences will be helpfull to me and my career. Thanks.

-How did you get the job you have now?(What experience did you need for the job? What was the employer looking for?)

-What is your opinion on what the future of the job will be and what might I be able to do to prepare myself for success in this field?
-The internet.
-Fix old stuff and wire new stuff.
-Tools, my body, and my brain.
-Prepare you or me?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Actually found out about it on this website, the major qualification was a state issued master license, the job is as a subject matter expert for the DOD.

I perform inspections of facilities on US Military bases in the Iraqi Theater of Operations. I also conduct investigations of all reported shock incidents to find the cause and ensure it is corrected.

A Master Electrician license is required, as well as a good knowledge of the NEC, and the ability to identify different types of wiring systems.

This job is contract work, and only will last as long as the contract continues to get renewed by the DOD.

·
Banned
5 Posts

Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,054 Posts
....How did you get the job you have now?(What experience did you need for the job? What was the employer looking for?)
Saw an internet listing for an electrician. Fell bass-akwards into the job :thumbup:
Maintaining and upgrading the electrical systems in power stations. The longer term is probably bigger/more power stations.
Troubleshooting and problem solving are where I earn my pay.
There will always be a demand for electricians, but the more you know, the more valuable you are. Find a specialty field and try to excel in it. Figure out what you can offer that a customer can't get from any Joe on the street.

-John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts