Electrician Talk banner

Electrical test job questions

1615 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Bad Electrician
I am applying for a gov job and would like some insight on these 4 questions.
I know all tools and work but the questions are trick questions.

#1)
Which tools have you used to ensure safe and correct operationof conduit devices independently and with littlesupervision?
1. Multi-meters
2. Locators
3. Circuit indetifers
4. Analyzers
5. Meggers
6. Phase rotation meters
7. Gas monitors
8. None of the above
#2)
I have read and interpreted electrical drawings for the folling reasons:
1. To install electrical fixtures
2. To repair electrical equipment
3. To repair electrical circuits
4. To add on/ extend electrical circuits
5. To assemble electric equipment
6. To determine manufacture's specification
7. None of the above
#3)
In which of the following task have you performed to troubleshoot electrical circuits?
1. Remove fixtures
2. Replaced fixtures
3. Removed controls
4. Replaced controls
5. Installed new outlets in existing circuits
6. Relocated outlets in existing circuits
7. Tightened Connections
8. Wraped exposed wiring with tape
9. Solderd loose wire leads with tape.
10. none of the above
#4)
Select the task you have preformed to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
1. Removed fixtures and replaced fixtures
2. Removed controls and replaced controls
3. Installed new outlets in existing circuits
4. Relocated outlets in existing circuits
5. Installed safty switches (fused or non- fused)
6. Installed switch gears
7. Installed transformers
8. None of the above
#5)
Please select the responce that best describes your highest level of experience conducting electrical repairs and maintenance duties.
1. I perform routine electrical and maintenance duties including removing and replacing fixtures and controls. I am able to relocate or install new outlets and relays in existing systems. My work is reveiewed in terms of overall results achieved.
2. I perform routine electrical and maintenance duties including removing and replacing fixtures and controls. I am able to relocate or install new outlets and relays in existing systems. My work is assigned in broad general instructions covering the scope of the task assigned. My work is reviewed for compliance with acceptable trade practices.
3. I make repairs that require tightening connections, wrapping exposed wiring with insulating tape, and soldering loose wire leads to connect points. My work is monitored and reviewed before closing out work orders.
4. None of the above
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,151 Posts
#1)
Which tools have you used to ensure safe and correct operationof conduit devices independently and with littlesupervision?
1. Multi-meters
2. Locators
3. Circuit indetifers
4. Analyzers
5. Meggers
6. Phase rotation meters
7. Gas monitors
8. None of the above
Question shows the test writer is STUPID why would you want to work with such dolts
#2)
I have read and interpreted electrical drawings for the folling reasons:
1. To install electrical fixtures
2. To repair electrical equipment
3. To repair electrical circuits
4. To add on/ extend electrical circuits
5. To assemble electric equipment
6. To determine manufacture's specification
7. None of the above
1, 2, 3, 4
#3)
In which of the following task have you performed to troubleshoot electrical circuits?
1. Remove fixtures
2. Replaced fixtures
3. Removed controls
4. Replaced controls
5. Installed new outlets in existing circuits
6. Relocated outlets in existing circuits
7. Tightened Connections
8. Wraped exposed wiring with tape
9. Solderd loose wire leads with tape.
10. none of the above
All but 9
#4)
Select the task you have preformed to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
1. Removed fixtures and replaced fixtures
2. Removed controls and replaced controls
3. Installed new outlets in existing circuits
4. Relocated outlets in existing circuits
5. Installed safty switches (fused or non- fused)
6. Installed switch gears
7. Installed transformers
8. None of the above
1, 2, 3, 4
#5)
Please select the responce that best describes your highest level of experience conducting electrical repairs and maintenance duties.
1. I perform routine electrical and maintenance duties including removing and replacing fixtures and controls. I am able to relocate or install new outlets and relays in existing systems. My work is reveiewed in terms of overall results achieved.
2. I perform routine electrical and maintenance duties including removing and replacing fixtures and controls. I am able to relocate or install new outlets and relays in existing systems. My work is assigned in broad general instructions covering the scope of the task assigned. My work is reviewed for compliance with acceptable trade practices.
3. I make repairs that require tightening connections, wrapping exposed wiring with insulating tape, and soldering loose wire leads to connect points. My work is monitored and reviewed before closing out work orders.
4. None of the above
This is the biggest crock of dog too I have ever read. I live near you if you want me to go to DC and beat this guy with a 2' piece of 500 kcmil CU, let me know

· animal lover /rat bastard
13,504 Posts
This is the biggest crock of dog too I have ever read. I live near you if you want me to go to DC and beat this guy with a 2' piece of 500 kcmil CU, let me know
i think maybe someone already beat you to it

· Flat Broke...
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question shows the test writer is STUPID why would you want to work with such dolts

1, 2, 3, 4
#3)

All but 9

1, 2, 3, 4

This is for The Architect of the Capitol.

I worked there 22 years on the construction branch now want to move inside. This is the KASO qualification certs you must pass to even get an interview.

· Registered
149 Posts
Bad Electrician said:
Question shows the test writer is STUPID why would you want to work with such dolts 1, 2, 3, 4 #3) All but 9 1, 2, 3, 4 This is the biggest crock of dog too I have ever read. I live near you if you want me to go to DC and beat this guy with a 2' piece of 500 kcmil CU, let me know
I got a piece of 750 I've been saving for just such an occasion

· Registered
8 Posts
1) 8
2) 1
3) 7
4) Id put 2 if it meant say bypass controls to bump a motor to see if its either the motor or some safety holding out the coil voltage.
5) 4 I am paid to troubleshoot problems as they arise and also to do preventative maintenance, so most of the answers about checking your work is your job. But 1 seems ok as well because if I am able to efficiently take calls and repair the issue its a definite plus. Thats just my opinion

· Registered
4,151 Posts
This is for The Architect of the Capitol.

I worked there 22 years on the construction branch now want to move inside. This is the KASO qualification certs you must pass to even get an interview.
I have seen how they PISS taxpayers money away (I have worked there) I stand by my original statement to writer is a freaking dolt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.