Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think Electrical is the top trade?

Respected? Well paid? Good work?

Often I hear Plumbers are the top, but I don't believe so. Plumbing is heavy and poopy job

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I think that a elevator mechanic would be the best trade. And to be more specific a elevator adjustor ( they are the guys that commission and start -up )the elevator after it is installed. One of the best controls guys I was ever around was a construction adjuster for Otis Elevator Co. A elevator mechanic is a electrician , millwright , computer PLC and VFD tech, hydraulic mechanic and a rigger and iron worker.

LC

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Around here, sheet-rockers tend to be well-trained, highest-skilled, and classiest of all the trades.
My how the standards have dropped in NY. No doubt they all have new ghetto-blasters that are capable of breaking windows too!!:laughing::laughing:

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
My dads side of the family were all bricklayers. I always have respected that trade. I was always told by them to become an electrician. They said it was the cleanest and easiest job on the site, plus the electricians are the smartest people on site. After becoming an electrician I learned they were dead wrong on the first two. Lol.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts

Often I hear Plumbers are the top, but I don't believe so. Plumbing is heavy and poopy job

Well paid..........:thumbsup:
Good work........:thumbsup:

Respected...............not a f*#k!n chance:laughing:

I still can't imagine doing anything else...........I love this trade.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
It sucks now , was a great trade in the 60's thru the 90's. The more corporate, China and the insurance cabal want to run it, the more it's gonna suck.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Ever seen a old or a fat drywaller.

·
cog
5,292 Posts

Respected ----this is funny

Well paid ----this is funnier

Good Work ---- this is true. Plus, your jock size might go up :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts