Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everyone? Well, about me: I am an Electrical Trainee with the state of washington. Pretty much I pay for my own schooling and try to get into whatever work employers are willing to hand me to get my experience needed to take the Journeyman Examinations.

I register for whatever state sponsored NEC and Electrical Trainee approved classes I can afford when I'm able too. Other than that, I am working on getting into Apprenticeship in either the EIC or the IBEW.

I have read through up to 2/3rds of the NEC so far, and have completed two different NEC Study Guides during my free time.

When possible my make every effort I can to work under Journeyman Electricians on Habitat for Humanity build sites. Although I try to stick to commercial work as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Welcome to the site . As a former apprenticeship instructor I am a big fan of apprenticeship programs. Don't get me wrong If you can go to a junior college that is good also but the main difference between a junior college and apprenticeship is the on the job experience.
I am on the east coast but There is what looks to be a good junior college in Washington state called Bellingham Technical College. They have several Instrumentation posts on You Tube . It looks like they do a good job.

Good luck with your career I have not had any regrets.

LC

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
How is everyone? Well, about me: I am an Electrical Trainee with the state of washington. Pretty much I pay for my own schooling and try to get into whatever work employers are willing to hand me to get my experience needed to take the Journeyman Examinations.

I register for whatever state sponsored NEC and Electrical Trainee approved classes I can afford when I'm able too. Other than that, I am working on getting into Apprenticeship in either the EIC or the IBEW.

I have read through up to 2/3rds of the NEC so far, and have completed two different NEC Study Guides during my free time.

When possible my make every effort I can to work under Journeyman Electricians on Habitat for Humanity build sites. Although I try to stick to commercial work as much as possible.
Welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.