Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
M already working as electrician helper for 2 years. I thought this is just a job, but I would like to treat it as my Career right now! I did some research said I have to finish some schooling, such as Apprentinceship program, is that true? And M working for a private company, non-union. Is
there somebody can let me know what should I do if I want to get my Electrician Certificiation after 7yrs later? Do I have to go back school for some training program? Can I just working without schooling? How should I get to Journeyman level first? Thank you so much! I really have sooo many questions...I feel shame on myself...M in this industry for couple years, I just realize it is not just a job, it should7 be a career! Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Hi,
M already working as electrician helper for 2 years. I thought this is just a job, but I would like to treat it as my Career right now! I did some research said I have to finish some schooling, such as Apprentinceship program, is that true? And M working for a private company, non-union. Is
there somebody can let me know what should I do if I want to get my Electrician Certificiation after 7yrs later? Do I have to go back school for some training program? Can I just working without schooling? How should I get to Journeyman level first? Thank you so much! I really have sooo many questions...I feel shame on myself...M in this industry for couple years, I just realize it is not just a job, it should7 be a career! Thanks again!!!!
It is a career and you seem to have the right idea. Contact the local labor department and check into what they consider the requirements in order to have a successful apprenticeship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts