Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm living in Kentucky and the exam is put on by the International Code Council (ICC). This bulletin states that I can have class notes in my reference material. "...class notes written in ink in the codes sections, highlighting, and permanent tabs are allowed".

Have been studying "Stallcup's Journeyman Electrician's Study Guide" and Mike Holt's "Electrical NEC Exam Preperation" for the past 4-5 months. About the only problem I see myself having on the exam is not having all of the formulas at my fingertips. Wondering if I can write all the formulas anywhere in the book to use on the exam?

Thank you in advance,
Chenley

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
You would have to check with the testing authority. Everyplace is a little different.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
18,206 Posts
Check Tom Henry's web site and look for "reminders". This is a small paperback book that allows the pages to be removed and inserted into a ring binder code book. It also has several blank sheets for your notes.
When I took my masters many moons ago, we could not bring anything to the test but the code book and calculator period.
Without these reminders and "keyword Index" I doubt I would have passed on my first try. The "keyword Index" also fits nicely into the ring binded code book.......Good Luck on your test

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've taken my master's 2 weeks ago and I have written some formulas in the back of my code book. Make sure you write in ink and do not bring any ink pens with you when you test. I had taken the ICC test and they already have had formulas in the back of the test booklet. They're proctors and don't have a clue about formulas written in book. . Good luck on your test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.