Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm! I wonder if they've heard of OSHA.?:eek:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/trd/4362673978.html

Full Time STAFF --Licensed ELECTRICIAN - position located at the head office of a busy real estate management company in Boston.

Licensed electrician with own tools with reliable vehicle and up to date vehicle insurance. Work out of Allston, MA head office.
Must be experienced, licensed electrician (will consider a journeyman) and be able to climb ladders, work on live circuits, and install various lighting and heating, trouble shoot intercom systems. Some on call work required.
Competitive salary and benefits. Must include prior salary history and salary expectations with statement of interest and resume.

Must be legally able to work in the United States. Reference checks, including CORI checks, are part of our hiring process.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Must be experienced, licensed electrician (will consider a journeyman)
What do they think journeyman means?

I know things differ in other areas, but in Massachusetts journeyman=licensed

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I don't think they know,and don't forget you gotta work live...:laughing:
I'm sure they don't know. It's amazing how many places advertise for a "master electrician" when they have no clue what the difference is between a master and a journeyman. If you are in a position to be hiring someone, you should at least do a little bit of research to understand the qualifications you are looking for and what they mean.

As far as the working live thing, I've made my opinion pretty clear on that in the past. It's not the popular opinion here on this forum so I won't go into that again now.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure they don't know. It's amazing how many places advertise for a "master electrician" when they have no clue what the difference is between a master and a journeyman. If you are in a position to be hiring someone, you should at least do a little bit of research to understand the qualifications you are looking for and what they mean.

As far as the working live thing, I've made my opinion pretty clear on that in the past. It's not the popular opinion here on this forum so I won't go into that again now.
I just think it's hilarious that they would put that in their add, considering OSHA and their insurance company...:laughing:

I would never work live,,:whistling2:

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
Sounds better than this one :eek:

LICENSE ELECTRICIAN/ EXPERIENCED APRENDICE
HIRING LICENSED ELECTRICIAN WITH COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE AND APRENDICE WITH EXPERIENCE AS WELL. $28,00-$35,00 AN HOUR. PLEASE CALL VAN

·
Registered
29 Posts
electricmanscott said:
Sounds better than this one :eek: LICENSE ELECTRICIAN/ EXPERIENCED APRENDICE HIRING LICENSED ELECTRICIAN WITH COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE AND APRENDICE WITH EXPERIENCE AS WELL. $28,00-$35,00 AN HOUR. PLEASE CALL VAN
Sheesh where can I get vans number? Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts