Electrician Talk banner

electrician with exerience in morocco (HELP plz)

2277 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Speedy Petey
hello everyone
I'm new to your forum, and also in usa.
in my country, I was an licensed electrician for buildings (Residential), I have a qualification diploma in industrial maintenance electricity, and I have experience in residential electricity ,
I came to the united states its been two months and I want to work in my field, although like electrician worker or helper,

I'm Moroccan, I got my diploma and my experience in Morocco.

for now I'm in New Jersey legally

- how do I get started?
- is that possible to find an electrician who is willing to hire me, not that I made the equivalence of my diploma?
- I rely on my experience because I know that my diploma is not worth mutch in united states, is that my experience in morocco qualifies me to work here?

Thank you in advance for your help
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Call Local 3 in NYC. They will give you an "A" card if you have a pair of pliers and some screwdrivers. However you will have to pay some membership fees. NO English necessary. 718-591-4000

· Administrator
Retired EC
24,898 Posts
Work is tough to find these days. I would visits shops early in the morning and talk to the owners. Good luck.

· Registered
4,061 Posts
If NJ has licensing which I suspect it does contact the state to find out if any of your experience carries over. Then get a apprentice card if possible so you could goto work for a company.

· Registered
1 Posts
hi, u may need to go training programe cuz in morocco is not the same right here everything u do is by code and u have to respect it but u will get job as helper just keep looking for it .

· Administrator
Retired EC
24,898 Posts
hi, u may need to go training programe cuz in morocco is not the same right here everything u do is by code and u have to respect it but u will get job as helper just keep looking for it .
This thread is from January- It is 8 months old. I am sure the OP is gone.

· Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,733 Posts
Yeah, he checked out minutes after posting this and has never been back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.