Electrician Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am considering relocating to a warmer climate perhaps an island off the coast of Florida. Is there any specific country that has good living conditions as well as work for electricians? Anyone out there doing this? If so what's your story?

Thanks in advance

-Matt

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hello all,

I am considering relocating to a warmer climate perhaps an island off the coast of Florida. Is there any specific country that has good living conditions as well as work for electricians? Anyone out there doing this? If so what's your story?

Thanks in advance

-Matt
About anything has got to be warmer than Canada, eh? :)

macmikeman is in Hawaii. I'd think the pay would be good there, but the cost of living is high. There are also several members here from Florida that may be able to provide some input on opportunities/costs near there.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
My parents left Indy for Florida for the winter. I considered stowing away with them but was told there was no $$$$ to be made in skilled trades compared to here in the Midwest. I guess the bad weather is the price we pay for making a decent income.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
The problem with nice places is usually Mom Nature goes in several times a year and kicks ass like no tomorrow.

Other problems are a bunch of king wannabes that some how have obtained a boatload of AK47s.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My wife's from Vietnam and I've been back there with her twice. We often talk about going there to live/work due to the weather (Tropical - hot humid) and low cost of living. I work as an EE for an ECP firm, but I'm sure as an electrician there is plenty of work to be had there!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Cincycaddy said:
My wife's from Vietnam and I've been back there with her twice. We often talk about going there to live/work due to the weather (Tropical - hot humid) and low cost of living. I work as an EE for an ECP firm, but I'm sure as an electrician there is plenty of work to be had there!
The hot tip is to work here and retire to Vietnam. You can live like a king on a decent retirement. Same with some locations in Mexico and Central America.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
As btharmy says. From your pic electricians are not wanted, they do just fine they think.

Someone will just barefoot it up that pole to do a new connection, - you will be looking for a bucket truck.

·
Senile Member
30,722 Posts
Hey Moe, I tried to think, but nottin happens......

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
An ex co-worker moved to a Caribbean island (St. Kitts) where they speak English. It's cheap to live there and they needed electricians. But nobody pays him, they are all broke. He gets paid in chickens and fruit sometimes, most of the time the locals want to barter for other labor, which he doesn't need.

·
Senile Member
30,722 Posts
An ex co-worker moved to a Caribbean island (St. Kitts) where they speak English. It's cheap to live there and they needed electricians. But nobody pays him, they are all broke. He gets paid in chickens and fruit sometimes, most of the time the locals want to barter for other labor, which he doesn't need.

Thats how it always is for me. Chickens and fruit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts