Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a market researcher looking for electricians who work in mines, refineries, petrochemical plants and explosive environments. This is for a survey - no selling.

Does anyone have suggestions on where I might be able to find those people? Is this a good place to start, or are there other good forums etc? Do folks use LinkedIn (which groups?) Facebook, etc.

Are there any trade associations that might have good connections? Would it be better to go for the associations serving the industries rather than the general topic of intrinsically safe electrical work.

Many thanks for any ideas. I came across this forum while doing a general search, and I've been enjoying reading the discussions.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
5circles said:
I'm a market researcher looking for electricians who work in mines, refineries, petrochemical plants and explosive environments. This is for a survey - no selling.

Does anyone have suggestions on where I might be able to find those people? Is this a good place to start, or are there other good forums etc? Do folks use LinkedIn (which groups?) Facebook, etc.

Are there any trade associations that might have good connections? Would it be better to go for the associations serving the industries rather than the general topic of intrinsically safe electrical work.

Many thanks for any ideas. I came across this forum while doing a general search, and I've been enjoying reading the discussions.

Mike
I have worked in all those areas, what information are you looking for? There are dangers in every industry.

·
NO high voltage here
2,438 Posts
I do cell tower work... does that qualify?

If you make a formal post stating your intentions, I think you can get a lot of help from here!

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
My least favorite part of refinery and chemical plant work is the chemical suits, freaking hot here in the summer. :(

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
All I know is that a company couldn't pay me enough to work in a place where I'd probably get cancer and die by 62. TY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts