Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great, so instead of taking the bumps out of the road this jackass wants to install them. Oh and for reference, 5 cm = ~2 inches.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can imagine maintaining this system would be expensive.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Put one under the side walks around the welfare office in Honolulu. You never seen such fat asses moving around in your life. Out front of the 7-11 store would work also. Must be the poi.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Imagine harnessing the wind from this>

to turn these>
:whistling2::thumbup::laughing:~CS~

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
mcclary's electrical said:
There's no such thing as free energy, cars driving on such a highway would get less gas mileage. This will never take off.
Unfortunately, it is taking off, watch for it in a municipality near you!

This subject came up in a local city planning meeting, it's being promoted by a company that makes these piezo electric generating traffic bumps. Total garbage. I signed up to speak at the meeting and pointed out that this was in fact a road use tax, because ANY energy created by the system comes RIGHT out of the gas tanks of the vehicles going over it. Then if you consider how heavily fuel is already taxed, it amounts to a tax on taxes already paid. That fact seemed to be missed by the lobbyists (on purpose of course). Thank goodness our local leaders saw the light. This time anyway...

http://www.newenergytechnologiesinc...nerating-rumble-strip-to-nearly-6000-visitors

Reactions: BBQ

·
Registered
994 Posts
Did not check the article, I have seen this before and tend to agree, there is no free energy. The article I saw before said they were looking at placing a system at a natural deceleration point like trucks coming into the weigh station or something like that. If done correctly it would be like regenerative braking and a net gain.

Still would have to be really carefully placed to not just end up burning more gas or diesel out of hundreds of inefficient motors instead of one big powerplant that can be better maximized.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
Cletis engineering at it's best!:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts