Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here bought and used the "Complete Suite" from Ellen Rohr. I have read 2 of the books that come in it but just want to see if anyone bought it and found it helps.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
:thumbsup: I've got two of the books, they are down to earth and straight forward reading!

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
I can build and design the electrical wiring for a complete strip mall because I'm an electrician. I'm even licensed to sell it for profit!

But putting together a financial statement to show lenders for a small business loan not so much.

Ellen Rohr's books will show you in detail how to run and operate a construction business because she's been there.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
I had to learn the business end of this i always thought how hard could it be man did i need AN EDUCATION.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Had a conversation with Ellen the other day...she figuratively told me to grow some balls with pricing or I'll be out of bizness...and she's right!
Great stuff! Every contractor should read these books!

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,864 Posts
Had a conversation with Ellen the other day...she figuratively told me to grow some balls with pricing or I'll be out of bizness...and she's right!
Great stuff! Every contractor should read these books!
Well I tell you what, next time your talking to Ellen, tell her macmikeman really thinks she is the bomb. Her books helped me out plenty enough.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Thanks to a guy on here, I read "How much Do I charge?" a couple of weeks ago. Awesome book, explained very clearly what I couldn't wrap my mind around before. Now it is much simpler and I was able to put what she teaches into practice almost immediately. I'm not bringing in any more work than normal, but I'm bringing in much more money. That means it must be working.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I love her stuff. There are many moments, suggestions and so on and so on that will make you change the way you run your business, for the better.

Her book was one for me and a couple of guys on forums that took me under their wings.:thumbsup: They were quite hard on me at first and my ego was bruised somewhat but they were right.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
32,864 Posts
Thanks to a guy on here, I read "How much Do I charge?" a couple of weeks ago. Awesome book, explained very clearly what I couldn't wrap my mind around before. Now it is much simpler and I was able to put what she teaches into practice almost immediately. I'm not bringing in any more work than normal, but I'm bringing in much more money. That means it must be working.
Your welcome, and glad your earnings have gone up.

·
Registered
937 Posts
A couple of months ago I was taking copper to the scrap yard and putting 10 bucks in the tank to get to the next job.

30 days after talking to Ellen I have cash in the bank, checks in the truck, receivables out the yang and much more recievables or cash by the end of this week...and the phone is speeding up.

Oh... Ya gotta read the books first so you're on the same page when she hits you with bare bones biz 101.

This ain't Wayne Dyer or Tony Robbins. Bare Bones Biz is the real deal...and no I'm not getting paid to say this. Just getting paid.

Barebonesbiz.com

Learned about it here on Electrician Talk!

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Ellen used to post on this site. Her advice is rock solid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts