Electrician Talk banner

What should I do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I've been living in South Florida for less than a year and I just can't make any money. This is a right to work state which apparently means that work goes to the lowest bidder and screw all the union guys. I started with the ironworker's union but after a few months of that, I realized I was too smart and not big enough for that job. I have 4 years of Air Force experience in electrical work and so I decided to apply for that apprenticeship program. I have my interview date on the 20th of this month and I don't have any reason to believe I won't get in. Here's the problem: I just lost my dwelling because of a slumlord that tried to extort me and now I'm homeless. I was wondering if there are any emergency circumstances that a union hall may be able to transfer a book without much time spent in the hall. My parents live in New Jersey and I'm going to live with them but I would like to have a job when I get there. I don't want to squander the opportunity of joining this union but I'm stuck in an extreme situation.
Any advice?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well if you are a union member then I would talk to your Business agents or Business manager and explain the situation. They should be able to hook you up with some sort of living situation, thats what the brotherhood is about helping a brother who's down.

As far as transferring you right when you get in? I'm really not sure because I have no clue what the work situation in that area might be and how many guys are in line to work?

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.