Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago when I was young and stupid I came across a fire in a factory,the 7 service drop conductors were glowing red, the fireman were waiting for the utility,my father said be a man go help them,so I did in pouring rain with a pair of metallic handle bolt cutters on a rickety old ladder,today,i would just let it burn,think I did the right thing?

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,590 Posts
I once crawled inside a large transfer switch and while laying on the floor I lifted the bypass switch back into place so a factory rep could manually by-pass on the the emergency generators.
There was a fast summer storm and we had lost power during repairs.

It was in a hospital and we were screwed.

Would I ever do that again????
I would hope not!!

But you never know what you might do when the time comes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I remember one summer night when I was a 2nd year apprentice. I was outside and noticed these strange lights high in the sky. Well, after a few minutes I could tell they were getting closer and finally one zoomed into the side of my house. As I aproached it to see what it was I could see flames inside the house so I abandoned my investigating and ran inside.

When I got inside I could see my desk and everything on top was on fire so I shut off the breaker to the circuit feeding the receptacles behind the desk and was able to extingush the fire.

What I found was that the receptacle was installed ground down and when the UFO hit the house a paper clip fell off the desk and across the prongs (the plug was not fully seated into the receptacle) and started the fire.

At this point I went back outside to resume my investigation only to see a couple of lights with what appeared to be some type of space craft in tow going away from earth.

I really wish I could have gotten a close look at it but, it wasn't to be.

The next day I threw away the desk, cleaned up the yard, and flipped all the receptacles in the house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.