Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8x8x4 PVC box where the condensation creates a problem in the cold weather. Roughly what wattage heater do I need? The most I would need to raise the temperature is 40 degreed

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,707 Posts
I have an 8x8x4 PVC box where the condensation creates a problem in the cold weather. Roughly what wattage heater do I need? The most I would need to raise the temperature is 40 degreed
Depends on were your located, were the box is located and what the temperature differences might be. It’s also nice to know what’s in this box.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,737 Posts
Genesisonlineautomation.com has some small enclosure heaters. I've used the PTC with thermostat, but I believe they are too big for your enclosure

·
Electrical Contractor
5,737 Posts
15 watt incan. exit light bulb?
When the block heater on your car died, we would put a 60 watt light bulb beside the carburetor. And if it got really cold, threw a blanket over the hood to try to keep as much heat in as possible.

Reactions: glen1971

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
When the block heater on your car died, we would put a 60 watt light bulb beside the carburetor. And if it got really cold, threw a blanket over the hood to try to keep as much heat in as possible.
Also how I start seedlings.
So have 2 bulbs and pigtails on had at all times in the northern territories

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
In our traffic controllers, we used a battery mat heater.
Think it was 40W, built in t-stat. They worked well and lasted.
NYC does as well battery backed up UPS packs for the major thoroughfares and complex intersections. They're in a separate cabinet though. We used to put 100135 watt inc. lamps on the computer load packs in controllers when the LEDs wure installed and the packs didn't detect enough load and put the intersection into flash.

Reactions: emtnut
1 - 20 of 21 Posts