Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never used ENT and am getting ready to install some. Table C.2 allows 10 #14 THWN conductors. That looks like it would be tough. Based on your experience, what would you consider the maximum #14s you would consider installing in 1/2" ENT?

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
I've never used ENT and am getting ready to install some. Table C.2 allows 10 #14 THWN conductors. That looks like it would be tough. Based on your experience, what would you consider the maximum #14s you would consider installing in 1/2" ENT?
Wired the majority of an office building in Washington State with ENT. I thought the conductors pulled very well through it. Probably even easier than EMT.

Can't say I've ever maxed out the fill on it though. I would think 10 #14 would be ok for a pull depending on length and number of bends.

Pete

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
personally, I'd go 3/4 or 1", but that's just me. Never used it for anything but low voltage.

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
I can't think of a run that would need that many conductors in a house ( just assuming due to the 14s)
It's really nice for slabs compared to EMT

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't think of a run that would need that many conductors in a house ( just assuming due to the 14s)
It's really nice for slabs compared to EMT
It's a gazebo where no wires or conduits are allowed to be seen (owner has money and willing to spend it :grin:). Gonna be some tricky conductor routing.

Oh yea, it's over the ICW (for those that don't know ICW, Intra Coastal Waterway).

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I've never installed it either, I've been wanting to try it on a job just to see how easy it is to install and pull through...

I figure most guys must suck strings through it? Or do you fish tape it? It seems like it'd be easy to burn through the 90's with string.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,178 Posts
Super fast method for wiring receptacle outlets in partitions in offices. My experience is that we were besting mc cable speed including the time for pulling in conductors. Watch out though it is kind of easy to cut thru the thin part between the coils.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Super fast method for wiring receptacle outlets in partitions in offices. My experience is that we were besting mc cable speed including the time for pulling in conductors. Watch out though it is kind of easy to cut thru the thin part between the coils.
My eyes are constantly peeled for a job like this. I have been hungry for an opportunity to do a job completely in ENT. And I mean starving! Where is it?!! Let me at it!!! I CANT STANT IT!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:laughing:Seriously, I'd love to do an ENT job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.