Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
There is a few steps involved in this.

1. Test equipment, around $3,200.00
2. Training and understanding of what you are doing.
3. Proper application of equipment. (most test results I review are improperly completed)

3. HIRE A COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN THIS TYPE OF WORK, cheaper, easier.

http://www.aemc.com/

3 of the test sets I own were sold/given to me by contractors that bought them to "save" money and do their own testing. I was given the equipment and/or sold the equipment CHEAP in exchange for performing one test for them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Do you know testing company that I can hire from Miami area.
I cannot recommend anyone around Miami. Google. Check some references on your hits. Hire your best pick.

I have done a lot of specialized testing, and as brian john sorta states, it is cheaper, faster and better to sub it out.

Used to think that 'I can do that testing for one half their price'. Blap - wrong answer. Been there, done that.

BTW, how many dollars were in your bid estimate for this testing. I'll wager zero dollars! Been there and done that, too ;)

Best Wishes Everyone

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sounds like snipe hunt. Has whoever placed the requirement furnished any sort of standard your test would have to meet? Reason I ask is because equipotential bonding has everything to do with local voltage gradients and once bonding is done, the results are what they are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.