Electrician Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Any one that used to be a cow will probably be pretty good, I just wondering if the OP is writing tool reviews for his school newspaper and not really an electrician or something.

·
Premium Member
19,272 Posts
I am thinking about getting a new tool belt.
I saw this tool pouch looks good.
http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/default.aspx?PCA=83&PRD=231
is ergodyne a good brand?
with what other tool pouches should I buy it?
If I got myself into a situation where I had to carry that many tools around, I would find something else to do.
After almost 30 years in the trade, I have found that my everyday tools consist of a pair of 9" linemans, a 5 in 1 (if I can find it), a 8" Klein square shanked beater, and a wiggy.
If I really get crazy, Ill add a hacksaw, large set of folding hex keys, and a tape measure.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
If I got myself into a situation where I had to carry that many tools around, I would find something else to do.
After almost 30 years in the trade, I have found that my everyday tools consist of a pair of 9" linemans, a 5 in 1 (if I can find it), a 8" Klein square shanked beater, and a wiggy.
If I really get crazy, Ill add a hacksaw, large set of folding hex keys, and a tape measure.
Seems like you could only get 15 years of work done with just those tools, I am terrible when I get lazy and don't wear my tools. It never lasts more than an hour or two, not to mention tools in my pants pockets is uncomfortable and makes my pants sag. If I am going in an attic or craw space I have a little tool "purse" with a zipper.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
That's one seriously strange website, anyhow. I spent the best part of a half an hour trawling it, and I'm still left wondering what they do. The product descriptions read more like commentary on the X-games, with little hard information on the actual product and what makes it so remarkably different.

·
Fried Bologna um um good!
8,094 Posts
They appear to sell workplace safety gear. I read the company info. I guess they are a manufacture and only sell to distributors???

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
They appear to sell workplace safety gear. I read the company info. I guess they are a manufacture and only sell to distributors???
I guess. I'm just puzzled why they're selling the same stuff everyone else does. I really don't see any particular innovation there that would cause me to buy from them over someone else.

·
Fried Bologna um um good!
8,094 Posts
I guess. I'm just puzzled why they're selling the same stuff everyone else does. I really don't see any particular innovation there that would cause me to buy from them over someone else.

Me either. They won the fastest growing small business award a couple times so I guess they are doing something right. It is a strange to have the catalog online but not sell anything.

·
Premium Member
19,272 Posts
Seems like you could only get 15 years of work done with just those tools, I am terrible when I get lazy and don't wear my tools. It never lasts more than an hour or two, not to mention tools in my pants pockets is uncomfortable and makes my pants sag. If I am going in an attic or craw space I have a little tool "purse" with a zipper.
I didn't mean that I don't have and use hundreds of tools, I just don't find it necessary to carry all of them around with me everyday.
I can do most of the type of projects I take on with just a few pocket tools. When it comes down to breaking out the gear, I can break out the gear..:thumbsup:

·
√-1 2³ Σ π
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I´t looks prety much as the occidental leather one.
It´s just cheaper.
It looks good.
Has anybody in the forum ever bought ergodine stuff?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts