Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I just passed the So Cal ETI Apprenticeship test, and am up for an interview sooner than later. I applied for a position as an Inside Wireman.

Any other So Cal ETI folks here? I'm excited, but still have to make it through the interview process, and whatever comes after that. (Anyone know?) I'm a greenhorn by all measures in the electrical field, but here's to hoping it works out.

Thanks for reading,

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Greetings,

I just passed the So Cal ETI Apprenticeship test, and am up for an interview sooner than later. I applied for a position as an Inside Wireman.

Any other So Cal ETI folks here? I'm excited, but still have to make it through the interview process, and whatever comes after that. (Anyone know?) I'm a greenhorn by all measures in the electrical field, but here's to hoping it works out.

Thanks for reading,
Yes there are a few so cal guys here..

Congratulations on the test..:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I wish you luck. It's a great profession. It's just unfortunate that you parents probably procreated while listening to "Baby Got Back". They never could have predicted the economy today. If I were you, I would pretend I was Sponge Bob and absorb everything you can. And bust your ass. You might be able to stay somewhat busy for the next 5 years, but it may be tough to pay back your apprenticeship (in hours) with all the mistakes 11 has made in the past. Hopefully it turns around for you. When you are not in school, go to community college and take business/marketing classes, because the money is in contracting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HARRY304E - Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

knowshorts - Haha, I might be green, but I'm not that young. I've got a BS in Information Technology holding me up at the moment, as well as a contractors license. You refer to '11', may I ask what that means?
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, thanks. I appreciate any info as I feel as if I'm approaching this fairly blindly. I've never apprenticed anywhere before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts