Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Buzzy304E
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed the 40 hour class, five straight Saturdays in March, and got all my CE credits for my state licensing done in one fell swoop.

( Do you youngsters even know what a fell swoop is?)

That is Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program.

That means, after re-upping my license in Dec. 20015, I will not ever need to renew it again.

Ever.

I will be going out at age 57 1/2 plus one day in early 2017. The one day is considered by our trustees all that it takes to make me 58 years old and eligible for full retirement. Nyaa, take that, suckers!

Back on topic. Does your local offer this class? Have you taken it? Are fleet and commercial EV charging stations as common in your local as they are becoming here?

As I understand it, California requires certified installers only, and thus far, the IBEW has the only program that qualifies, though the non-union is doubtless scrambling to play catch-up.

I get credit for the 40 hours regardless, but will know in a week or two if I passed the Certification test . I am sure I did, it was not too bad, though heavy on load calcs.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Just completed the 40 hour class, five straight Saturdays in March, and got all my CE credits for my state licensing done in one fell swoop.

( Do you youngsters even know what a fell swoop is?)

That is Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program.

That means, after re-upping my license in Dec. 20015, I will not ever need to renew it again.

Ever.

I will be going out at age 57 1/2 plus one day in early 2017. The one day is considered by our trustees all that it takes to make me 58 years old and eligible for full retirement. Nyaa, take that, suckers!

Back on topic. Does your local offer this class? Have you taken it? Are fleet and commercial EV charging stations as common in your local as they are becoming here?

As I understand it, California requires certified installers only, and thus far, the IBEW has the only program that qualifies, though the non-union is doubtless scrambling to play catch-up.

I get credit for the 40 hours regardless, but will know in a week or two if I passed the Certification test . I am sure I did, it was not too bad, though heavy on load calcs.

It means you're a BAT !

:laughing::laughing:

·
Buzzy304E
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It means you're a BAT !

:laughing::laughing:
My wife calls me something that sounds similar to that, but it's got a couple additional letters, including a "d" at the end.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

Got you beat! I retired 2 years ago at age 53, after 32 years on the job. I was able to use the 1 time exemption for early retirement to avoid excessive taxes.

My advice, get a good financial advisor and start working on your exit strategy now. the next 3 years will be the longest 3 years of your life :laughing:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts