Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out today that and ex employee is doing electrical work and using business cards with our company name and his name underneath.:blink:

From the looks of it, he probably had these cards made up while he was an employee. I see no issue there, I have thought about it since my name is not on our business cards, just the owner name.

But, I see this scenario as an issue.

Could there be legal issues with this?

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
legalities are all about teeth or deeper pockets A~shock

So it's all about who's po'ed enough to go down $$$ avenue

Besides, the dude easily claim he was using the cards until he could get his own, not representative of his former company

~CS~

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Found out today that and ex employee is doing electrical work and using business cards with our company name and his name underneath.:blink:

From the looks of it, he probably had these cards made up while he was an employee. I see no issue there, I have thought about it since my name is not on our business cards, just the owner name.

But, I see this scenario as an issue.

Could there be legal issues with this?
Are they licensed? Yes I see a problem with it!

Have you read your State Laws on licensing lately> ?

Obtaining money under false pretense comes to mind!

TN and NC have similar laws on commerce and registerations.

If not licensed;

They can open a file, order a stop and decease on them, and maybe ask them to take a test.

But with fault of liability or accountability is only when gross error or fault of install do they really step it up, or when harm comes to the third party happens.

Read the bi-yearly newsletter at NCBEEC.org.

The guys pretty stupid, JMO!

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whose license number is on the business card? Sounds like fraud to me.
We do not have license numbers on cards. This one does not either.

I just found about this on the way home. I am going to bring it to my boss' attention in the morning.

I do not like it.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts

I just found about this on the way home. I am going to bring it to my boss' attention in the morning.

I do not like it.
Interesting, in CA all advertising shall include the license number. Hats, shirts, FB page and business cards just to name a few.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Im beginning to think your dad was fooling around with some chick in the Chattahoochie valley in Georgia.

·
Small Potatoes
5,456 Posts

I do not like it.
Your boss ain't a gonna like it either...

I'd go after him with a cease and desist letter on my attorney's letterhead at the very least.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
hes been gone 14 years? shoot the bastard be fore he hurts someone or bankrupts your co.!:blink:eek:h, an dmaybe claim some of his profits for usuing the name

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
I have been with this company almost 14 yrs and he was an ex employee then.
From the work you have shown and also going by some of your posts I have a very hard time believing that you have been in our trade for 14 years. 14 months is even a big maybe.

·
Registered
Electrician
3,550 Posts
Im beginning to think your dad was fooling around with some chick in the Chattahoochie valley in Georgia.
That's Chattahoochee!:whistling2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts