Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My company recently installed some vertical lighting for an 8-story hotel. The clients wishes were to light up the exterior of the building halfway up.

You can see what ended up happening in the picture.

I was thinking we could adjust the angle of the light and move it away from the building by a couple of degrees, however, this might just make the light open up more into a wider "V" shape.

Do any of you have experience with vertical architectural spot lighting and maybe suggest a light that would perhaps reach halfway up the building?

Thanks for the help!

Elias

·
Safety Pin Member
2,255 Posts
Hello all,

My company recently installed some vertical lighting for an 8-story hotel. The clients wishes were to light up the exterior of the building halfway up.

You can see what ended up happening in the picture.

I was thinking we could adjust the angle of the light and move it away from the building by a couple of degrees, however, this might just make the light open up more into a wider "V" shape.

Do any of you have experience with vertical architectural spot lighting and maybe suggest a light that would perhaps reach halfway up the building?

Thanks for the help!

Elias
No picture showed up. You may have to a minimum number of
posts to use that feature. Others might be able to suggest alternative
photo viewing sites.
P&L

Reactions: EliasCanning

·
Super Moderator
8,326 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. If you right click the little picture icon does it give you an option to open in new tab?
Yes.

That center one under the fire escape is always going to be the outlier because of the fire escape.
Looks like a nice job.

As to different fixtures, your supply house can refer you to the local rep for the lighting brands they carry and that guy will most likely be happy to meet you on site, at no charge. Or you could e-mail the guy the pic and he can help you that way.

·
Safety Pin Member
2,255 Posts
Reactions: EliasCanning

·
Yeah your gonna get wet !
90 Posts
It looks like you installed flood lights instead of narrow spot lights.:eek:

Looking at the PDF you linked you may be able to put the full visor(FV) cover on the lights and get a better output beam. I would try it on one light to see if it works.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.